A Christ-centered recovery ministry for anyone struggling with hurts, hang-ups and habits, no matter how big or small.
What is Celebrate Recovery?
Celebrate Recovery’s focus is to fellowship and celebrate God’s healing power in our lives through Eight Recovery Principles and the Christ-centered Twelve Steps. This experience allows us to be changed. We open the door by sharing our experiences, strengths, and hopes with one another. In addition we become willing to accept God’s grace in solving our life problems.
By working and applying the biblical principles we begin to grow spiritually. We become free from our addictive, compulsive, and dysfunctional behaviors. This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy and, most importantly, a stronger personal relationship with God and others. As we progress through the program, we discover our personal, loving, and forgiving Higher Power - Jesus Christ.
Who is Celebrate Recovery For?
CR is for anyone: young, old, male, female, you, and me. It’s for anyone who has a habit, hurt, or hang-up, or anyone who wants to reach out and help others. The biblical principles modeled through the twelve steps can help all of us. So this isn’t just about drugs and alcohol, it is about finding healing from anything that is keeping us from the life God meant for each of us to have. It is about growth, getting healthy again, and growing closer to God. Whatever you are struggling with— addiction, anger, drugs, alcohol, pornography, anxiety, depression, or any other life issue— Celebrate Recovery can help.
What is a Hurt, Hang-up or Habit?
A hurt, hang-up, or habit is something that hinders your walk with God.
- Hurt: The feeling/emotional reaction to another person’s behavior or to a traumatic or disturbing situation (abuse, abandonment, divorce, relationship problems, relational addiction, co-dependency, etc.)
- Hang-Up: Negative mental attitudes that are used IN AN ATTEMPT to cope with people or adversity (anger, depression, resentment, fear, etc.)
- Habit: Addiction to someone or something (alcohol, drugs, food, sex, gambling, smoking, pornography, etc.)
Open Share Groups
Open Share Groups meet weekly and follow the Small Group Guidelines. We currently offer the following groups:
Codependency, Anger, Depression & other Hurts, Hang-ups, and Habits
Physical, Emotional and Sexual Abuse
Codependency & other Hurts, Hang-ups, and Habits
Chemical Dependency and other Addictive Behaviors
A Formula for Success
Celebrate Recovery is successful in thousands of churches across the land and around the world. There are seven features that make it unique:
- Celebrate Recovery is based on God’s Word, the Bible.
- Celebrate Recovery is forward looking.
- Celebrate Recovery emphasizes personal responsibility.
- Celebrate Recovery emphasizes spiritual commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Celebrate Recovery utilizes the biblical truth that we need each other in order to grow spiritually and emotionally.
- Celebrate Recovery addresses all types of habits, hurts and hang-ups.
- Celebrate Recovery is a leadership factory.
How Can I Experience Celebrate Recovery?
When: Friday Nights from 6-9:45pm
Where: First Free Church (1375 Carman Rd. Manchester, Mo - click on the address for directions)
Who: All are welcome!
What: The night is so much more than a lecture, it’s a life transforming experience. Below is the schedule of a typical Friday night: