Passport to Adventure (Sunday Morning VBS)
The Mystery of the Parables
Every Sunday morning this summer from 9 a.m. to noon, children will engage in hands-on, active learning as we explore the Mystery of the Parables. The kids will discover what the parables say and how they still apply to us today. Elementary age children will participate in Bible study through a drama and small group discussions and enter into a variety of learning centers such as missions, music, worship, games and snacks. Our goal is to see God’s word applied and understood as kids encounter everyday life situations. Children age two through Kindergarten will enjoy a regular program with games, music, and large group time. New 6th graders will meet for worship, drama and discussion at 9 a.m. followed by Bible study and building of a life-size replica of the tabernacle starting at 10:45 a.m.
Ways to Join In!
Volunteers are the ministry bedrock of Kid Connection. Through volunteers and staff, Kid Connection provides relationships and places where kids can connect to the heart and word of God. Would you consider joining with us and investing in the next generation?
- KC Friend (either hour): Serve special needs children and their families by providing one-on-one assistance throughout the morning.
- Worship Team (either hour): Vocalists and instrumentalists needed in elementary and early childhood to lead the children in worship.
- Administrative Support: Be a friendly face to welcome students and guests. Includes Elementary sign-in (before 1st hour), Elementary half-time (between services) and visitor registration (either hour).
- Actors (1st hour, plus Tuesday evening rehearsals): Adults, teens and children needed for Passport dramas. Roles vary from recurring characters to one-time appearances.
- Discussion Leaders (1st hour): Engage children in conversation to help them understand and apply the Biblical truths presented in the drama.
- Tour Guides (either hour): Adults and teens with a shepherd’s heart to lead groups of children through various centers each Sunday. Adults especially needed second hour.
- Center Leader/helper (2nd hour): Lead or help in a center that will offer fun and creative reinforcement of Bible skills and truths.
- Technical Support (primarily 1st hour): help needed managing sound and lights, stage set-up, and photography/videography.
- Snack Center (either hour): help prepare and clean up simple snacks.
- Classroom Teacher/Helper (either hour): adults and teens needed to share God’s love with children ages birth to 5 years.
- Weekday Support: aid classroom teachers by preparing supplies and/or snacks for Sunday.
- Coordinators (either hour): Support and lead classroom volunteers on Sunday mornings.
- Large Group Storyteller (2nd hour): Share God’s Word with preschoolers in a large group setting.
If you’re interested in finding out more about serving in Kid Connection’s Passport to Adventure this summer, please contact us. We’ll answer any questions you may have and help you know where you might join in.