The Custodian is an important part of First Free and fulfills our mission by providing optimal space for the disciple-making activities that take place on our campus.
The Custodian’s primary responsibilities include:
● Have an exceptional attitude and a keen eye for detail.
● Be willing to work with a team in creating a pleasant environment for ministries and events.
● Be thorough in the upkeep of all areas inside and out.
This is a full-time, hourly position of 40 hours per week. The Custodian is part of the Facilities team and reports directly to the Custodial Supervisor.
● Floor care, such as vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, and carpet cleaning.
● Care and cleaning of restrooms by sanitizing all surfaces (toilets, sinks, counters, fixtures, and floors) and stocking supplies.
● Ensuring areas and classrooms are set-up and cleaned for events (this will include arranging tables and chairs, cleaning dry erase boards, and making the room look presentable).
● Maintaining and cleaning kitchens, including washing dishes, sanitizing food preparation surfaces.
● Performing minor repairs and maintenance, such as broken toilets, changing light bulbs, etc.
● Answering a maintenance phone and helping individuals or groups with any needs.
● Securing the facilities at the end of each night by locking doors and turning off lights.
Character and Commitment
● A team player with a positive attitude who can work well alone or with others.
● Support minded, displaying a willingness to help others.
● Understanding that training and behavior expectations revolve around Christian values.
● All First Free employees are invited to attend church services and participate in church activities.
● High school diploma preferred.
● Ability to do heavy lifting
● Availability to work nights and weekends
● Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, proper cleaning procedures and techniques
Newsletters are sent out once per month. We will never share or sell your information.