Our Childcare Team Members are an important part of the Children’s Ministry team! Team Members will provide care for children of both First Free staff members and our congregation during meetings, special events, etc.
The Childcare Worker’s primary responsibility is providing quality care for children of staff and congregational members. This includes part-time hours that are consistent and regularly scheduled to care for the children of the First Free Staff as well as occasional church-wide events.
This position is a part-time, hourly (non-exempt) position. The number of hours will vary depending on scheduled activities. Childcare Team Members are part of the Children’s Ministry team and report to the Childcare Coordinator.
● Care for and tend to the needs of children within your care
● Carry out simple Bible lessons
● Keep classroom, resource and supply area clean and in order
● Administer first aid (when needed)
● Responsible for snack time
● Ability to communicate effectively with parents (including informing them of any accidents that occur while in care)
● Must be in good health and be able to lift 40lbs
● Perform all other duties as requested
● Become certified in CPR.
Character and Commitment
● Demonstrates a genuine love for the Lord and other people with an authentic, transparent, Christ-centered lifestyle.
● Is committed to the vision, values, and beliefs of First Free Church.
● Loves children and understands the value of ministry to children.
● Maintains a professional demeanor in conduct with parents and children.
● Demonstrates maturity and good judgment
● Sensitive to the individual needs of parents
● Required to pass an independent background check and reference checks
● Have dependable transportation, and ability to be consistently on time to work
● Must love children
● Physically capable of lifting 40 pounds and keeping up with young children
● Available to work at least 10 hours per week
Newsletters are sent out once per month. We will never share or sell your information.