First Free Church is passionate about Outreach! The Global Outreach Coordinator will help us to identify and partner with international ministries to take ground for the kingdom around the world. The Outreach Coordinator will provide support and direction for missionary care, short-term teams, and outreach events.
The Global Outreach Coordinator supports First Free’s missionaries, helps to organize short-term mission experiences, and encourages and equips people to make a difference around the world.
This position is a part-time, hourly (non-exempt) position of approximately 25 hours per week.
The Global Outreach Coordinator is part of the Outreach team and reports directly to the Executive Pastor of Discipleship.
● Recruit, train, mobilize, and oversee missionary care lay team.
● Monitor missionary communication within First Free for security purposes.
● Respond to people who contact the church for missionary support in keeping with our policies.
● Complete annual evaluations of missionaries, gathering information for
accountability and budget purposes
● Maintain and update missionary support grid.
● Implement and oversee the leadership pipeline for the missionary care team.
● Work with outreach staff and pastoral team to identify possible partnerships for short-term teams.
● Assist short-term team leaders with planning.
● Maintain up to date training manuals for short-term teams.
● Promote short-term team opportunities to First Free
Church members and attendees.
● Lead debriefing process for returning short-term teams.
● Implement and oversee leadership pipeline for developing short-term team leaders.
● Assist in coordination and oversight of outreach teams, particularly teams with overseas focus
● Develop and implement connection strategy for helping every believer at First Free to be involved in missional living.
● Implement and oversee leadership pipeline for developing outreach team leaders.
● Encourage, equip, and assist other ministry areas, groups, and the congregation to engage in effective and innovative outreach events.
● Develop and communicate underlying motivation and strategy for outreach events in the bigger scope of our outreach ministry objectives.
● Implement and oversee the leadership pipeline for outreach events.
General Outreach Ministry
● Contribute articles and other information for social media and other vehicles for church communication.
● Monitor the outreach budget and attend meetings with the outreach finance team.
● Partner with ministry teams and groups to foster a missional living mindset.
● Work with Groups Ministry to promote outreach and service in all of our groups.
● Assist in planning and facilitating Mission Community lunch programs.
● Serve as a church resource for outreach and missions.
● Stay on the cutting edge of church outreach trends and strategies.
Newsletters are sent out once per month. We will never share or sell your information.